Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: Technical Advisor- Clinical Research, International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), New Delhi
Founded in 1920, the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), is both a non-profit institute with five scientific departments and several offices worldwide, and a federation of close to 3,000 organisations and individuals who are committed to the same goals. Its scientific departments focus on tuberculosis, HIV, lung health and non-communicable diseases, tobacco control and research; and each engages in research, provides technical assistance and offers training and other capacity-building activities leading to health solutions for the poor.
The Union’s Mission: To promote national autonomy within the framework of the priorities of each country by developing, implementing and assessing anti-tuberculosis, lung health and non-communicable disease programmes as well as other public health issues.
The Union’s Vision: Health solutions for the poor.
The Union’s Values:
(1) Quality: The Union delivers services and products to the highest possible standards.
(2) Accountability: The Union is responsible steward of resources and delivers on its commitments.
(3) Independence: The Union maintains the freedom to pursue innovation and is guided by the best evidence to improve the health of the poor.
(4) Solidarity: The Union stands together with its members and partners, as one, to overcome the greatest challenges to improve health among the communities it serves.
For more information about The Union’s work in South East Asia, please visit http://www.theunion.org/where-we-work/south-east-asia
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Deputy Regional Director- TB and Communicable Diseases, Union South - East Asia Office, the Technical Advisor- Clinical Research will be responsible for leading the operational management of Clinical Research for TB drugs at identified sites in India. The post holder shall also be responsible for coordinating operational research projects relating to clinical trials in India, including the STREAM (Standardised Treatment Regimen of Anti-Tuberculosis Drugs for Patients with MDR-TB) clinical trial in India.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Develop work plans related to clinical research and operational research activities;
(2) Coordinate with implementation partners related to research activities, including completion of activity reports;
(3) Liaise with the USAID mission regarding USAID-supported research activities, including completion of activity reports;
(4) Monitor and support clinical research sites in preparation of and follow-up to external monitoring visits;
(5) Facilitate and support external monitoring visits;
(6) Communicate with the central project team on all aspects relating to clinical research and operational research activities.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must have an MBBS degree.
Candidates must possess a minimum of three years of relevant experience with exposure to clinical research/ trial projects and familiarity with TB Control Programme.
Competencies and Skills:
(1) Excellent communication skills (both written and oral);
(2) Ability to build effective relationships with colleagues and partners;
(3) Numeracy and an eye for detail;
(4) Ability to multi-task and resolve problems creatively;
(5) Good organisational, IT and administrative skills to address extensive documentation and electronic recording of information;
(6) Willingness to travel 4-5 days a month (20% of the time);
(7) Ability to work independently and as a part of a multi-functional team.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position is attractive. Please note that offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
The issued contract will be initially for one year with possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds.
8. REFERENCE: TACR-UNION
9. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phones: 011-2684-2162; 011-4165-3612; 011-4101-1564 and 011-4101-1565
10. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation at the earliest.
The Union is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.