Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: State Lead, Leading Non-Profit, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
A respected, non-profit, and client of Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd. (SAMS), wishes to recruit a State Lead, to oversee and manage their programme portfolio in Madhya Pradesh.
This is an exciting opportunity for a mature, development, professional, with strong, cross-thematic exposure and prior experience of dealing with government, donors and multi-lateral organizations, to make a lasting difference to society.
Our client is backed by India’s leading philanthropy and non-profit and has constituted a collaborative platform of stakeholders, to bring about lasting change in villages.
Our client is executing a results’ focused initiative to bring about a paradigm change on key human development indicators, for making rural life, one of co-equal opportunity. The overarching objective is to accelerate national aspirations for the rural poor in India and enable them to lead a life of dignity. The collaborative platform seeks to converge geography and thematic sector overlays around prosperity, health & nutrition, education, safe drinking water, sanitation and gender justice. It has forged partnerships with state governments, corporates, civil society groups and thematic resource organizations. It tasks itself with freeing the poorest villages in east-central India from stagnation, indifference and isolation, facilitating conditions for communities to take control of their destinies.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the MD/ JMD, the State Lead shall be responsible for implementing strategies in consultation with the organization’s central leadership. S/he shall accelerate the organization’s achievement of its mission and vision for the rural poor in MP and contribute by forming strong strategic relationships with government, NGOs, corporations and other stakeholders, building awareness of its work and building relationships to lead its work.
(1) Integrating and holding all operations/ engagements of the organization within the State;
(2) Leading the organization’s partnership with the State Government, including the development of a formal partnership, translation of MoU’s (with State Govt.) intent into reality and aligning embedded teams in the government with the organization’s mission and goals;
(3) Leading state level strategy formulation in consultation with the client’s Central Unit;
(4) Building, nurturing and mentoring the State team;
(5) Facilitating and managing the interface between the client’s Central Unit and the State team;
(6) Overseeing and ensuring all administrative requirements relating to the operations of the organization in the state, including statutory compliances;
(7) Contributing and anchoring internal culture building, institution development and being a role model for the State team;
(8) Creating space and identity for the organization in the State.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must be graduates in Management/ Social Sciences or equivalent stream.
Applicants must have a minimum of 12 years of experience in project implementation, partnership building, communication and advocacy.
Skills and Attributes:
(1) Excellent written and communication skills, both in Hindi and English;
(2) Understanding of development challenges and open to innovations;
(3) Spotting opportunities within the state policy space and opening windows;
(4) Identifying new areas for expanding existing collaborative frameworks;
(5) Leading collaborative engagement within the state with all stakeholders;
(6) Excellent organizational and management skills;
(7) Exceptional team building and motivational skills;
(8) Experience of task structuring and task/ performance tracking;
(9) Ability to groom and develop task abilities of the staff;
(10) Highly congenial and professional demeanor.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation for the position is attractive. The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualification, experience and salary history.
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.,
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House,
New Friends Colony (East),
Bharat Nagar, New Delhi -110 025
9. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organisation and expected compensation, by or before November 8, 2016. For further details please visit our website www.sams.co.in