Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: Secretary, Swami Sivananda Memorial Institute, New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Established in 1964, the Swami Sivananda Institute Memorial Institute (SSMI) is a secular not for profit Institute which works to improve the quality of life of the under-privileged women, youth and children through research, promotion, provisioning of services and skill development in the fields of education, health, nutrition, environment and livelihood.
SSMI, in partnership with the Govt. of NCT of Delhi, is providing supplementary nutrition under the Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) as well as aims at social justice, equity, education and empowerment of the marginalized and under privileged sections of society leading to inclusive growth and all round development.
SSMI, works in the following areas:
(1) Education: Providing free education to a 1,000 children daily and simultaneously providing teacher’s training to non-collegiate girls residing in slums;
(2) Women Empowerment:
(a) Imparting vocational skill training for livelihood generation to 200 women, in the areas of textiles and food production;
(b) SSMI has successfully designed and implemented a programme, ‘SUBHA- A New Dawn for Women’ where women from the under-privileged community are provided production skills that enable them to have gainful employment or income by establishing linkages between the artisans and the markets;
(3) Nutrition: Supplementary Nutrition provided by mid-day meal, under ICDS to 23,000 women and children every day;
(4) Health: Successful treatment given to over 4,000 persons annually, by arranging free Medical eye-camps in collaboration with Vision for All and AIIMS in slums areas.
For more information, please visit, http://ssmi.in
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director, SSMI, the Secretary shall be responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a respected nonprofit organization, doing extremely credible work in Women Empowerment, Nutrition and Education.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Producing correspondence, documents and maintaining presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases;
(2) Using content management systems to maintain and update websites and internal databases;
(3) Maintaining executive’s agenda and providing assistance for organizing workshops, conferences, in-house and external events, as necessary;
(4) Keeping up-to-date contact details (i.e. names, addresses, telephone numbers and email Ids) for the management committee and handling confidential documents ensuring they remain secure;
(5) Managing and coordinating travel and accommodation for office personnel and other external contacts in a timely manner;
(6) Receiving and screening phone calls and redirecting them to the concerned authority;
(7) Preparing invoices or financial statements and providing assistance in bookkeeping;
(8) Providing any other assistance, as necessary.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Any Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Office Management and secretarial practice from a reputed institution/ university.
Minimum one to two years of relevant experience in providing support to the Head of an Office.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Proficiency in all applications of MS Office, especially Word and Excel; Power user of mobile applications and internet;
(2) Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi;
(3) Strong problem solving skills, ability to take initiative and solve, planning ahead and
dealing with last-minute challenges;
(4) High level of integrity and dependability, with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation;
(5) Strong interpersonal skills; Confident and self-driven.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The gross remuneration budgeted for the position is Rs. 15,000-18,000 per month. Offer shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
6. LOCATION: Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: SEC-SSMI
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phones: 011-2684-2162; 011-4165-3612; 011-4101-1564 and 011-4101-1565
9. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply to email@example.com with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation, at the earliest.
Applicants are urged to apply immediately, as interviews with the promising candidates will start almost right away.
For further details, please visit www.sams.co.in