Procurement and Logistics Consultant
(NVBDCP, New Delhi)
1. POSITION VACANT: Procurement and Logistics Consultant (PLC), National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme (NVBDCP), New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
The National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme (NVBDCP) is an umbrella programme for the prevention and control of vector borne diseases, jointly implemented by the Central Government and the States. These include malaria, kala-azar, lymphatic filariasis, Japanese encephalitis, and dengue. Vector borne disease control is a key thrust area of the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) launched by the GOI in April 2005.
The NVBDCP receives direct external funding support from the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM), and technical collaboration from the World Health Organization (WHO). The current round of GFATM support for the malaria component of NVBDCP (around US$ 15 million/year) has a geographic focus on high-burden states in the North East, West Bengal, Jharkhand and Orissa.
For additional information about NVBDCP, please visit: http://nvbdcp.gov.in/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working under the direct supervision of the Project Director, NVBDCP and the guidance of the WHO national technical assistance team, key responsibilities of the PLC shall include the following:
(1) Providing technical support on procurement and logistics to states/Directorate of NVBDCP
(2) Helping formulate guidelines for the preparation of the procurement plan for the GFATM project
(3) Preparing detailed budget and procurement documents and other related matters
(4) Acting as liaison with the procurement unit of the Global Fund and procurement agencies
(5) Preparing guidelines for conducting project workshops, consultancies and other activities
(6) Facilitating the preparation of state and national procurement plans for the project period
(7) Preparing procurement guidelines for states and Directorate of NVBDCP, as per World Bank norms and patterns
(8) Training of concerned staff at state HQRS
(9) Visiting states for spot check of stores and providing feedback on the same
(10) Monitoring stock position of items under GFATM at state and the Directorate
(11) Ensuring timely delivery of commodities and drugs to consignees
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Post Graduate or equivalent degree from a reputed institute. Diploma in SCM, materials management from reputed Institute shall be desirable.
Minimum three years of relevant experience in procurement and logistics/supply chain function, preferably in the public health programme and/or developmental sectors. Candidate must have experience in preparing Procurement and Supply Management plans for various funding agencies.
Skills and Attributes:
(1) Ability to lead procurement processes
(2) Strong knowledge of World Bank procurement procedures and QA policies of pharmaceutical products
(3) Ability to work in a team
(4) Strong communication skills
(5) Good knowledge of computers.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross monthly remuneration of Rs. 64,926/- on a cost to organization basis. Additionally, all travel costs incurred in the conduct of work shall be reimbursed at actuals.
New Delhi, India
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
372 New Friends Colony
New Delhi 110 025
9. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to send their updated CVs to the above email id, by or before May 29, 2011.