Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: Knowledge Management & Learning Expert (KMLE), Technical Assistance and Research for Indian Nutrition & Agriculture (TARINA), CARE India, Bhubaneswar
CARE India is a part of the CARE International Confederation working in 84 countries for a world where all people live in dignity and security.
CARE has been working in India for over 60 years, focusing on ending poverty and social injustice through comprehensive programmes in health, education, livelihoods and disaster preparedness and response.
In India, CARE focuses on the empowerment of women and girls because they are disproportionately affected by poverty and discrimination and suffer abuse and violations in the realisation of their rights, entitlements and access and control over resources.
For more information about CARE India please visit http://www.careindia.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Team Leader - TARINA, the Knowledge Management & Learning Expert (KMLE) shall lead the efforts to measure and learn the program’s impact ensuring alignment with organizational vision and priorities, and TARINA Results Framework, including gender equity and women’s empowerment. S/he shall ensure that the program measures its progress and the impact on poor women farmer’s enhanced productivity, nutrition, and empowerment in an equitable agricultural system.
S/he will manage/ operate an appropriate monitoring and learning framework, metrics of measurement, set up the mechanisms for measurement and learning, and regular documentation, reporting and dissemination of the program’s progress and experience.
S/he will manage entire qualitative and quantitative documentation and recording of the project at the District level will be his/ her responsibility will be to maintain and update project MIS and generate regular updates/ reports to inform project reporting and documentation, periodically update project data collection architecture, review and collect information generated by the last mile institutions and will conduct all participatory monitoring and evaluation exercises to generate required data as per project requirements.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(A) Knowledge Management:
(1) Develop and manage a sound knowledge management system for the program;
(2) Develop appropriate knowledge gathering methods and tools and train field team and other stakeholders;
(3) Track various advancements in measurement, learning and evaluation and ensure program benefits;
(4) Lead the documentation efforts of the program, including developing stories, case studies, technical briefs, research articles, blogs, toolkits and other publications;
(5) Maintain a detailed data base of the program and its various technical and advocacy initiatives;
(6) Develop good relationship with media and coordinate the media engagement of the program;
(7) Develop strong network and partnerships with various institutions of learning, including universities and research institutes, and coordinate information exchange and collaborative learning efforts.
(B) Monitoring and Reporting:
(1) Design and develop a Project Monitoring Framework (PMF) for TARINA;
(2) Integrate gender and diversity aspects in the PMF;
(3) Manage and implement monitoring systems, including program Management Information System (MIS) as per the program design and CARE’s impact measurement priorities for effective program management;
(4) Ensure technical quality of the monitoring systems by developing relevant processes, methods and tools;
(5) Build the capacities of partner institutions and other stakeholders for them to participate in and contribute to monitoring of the progress;
(6) Work closely with other members of the program team to ensure that the monitoring systems are well aligned with and responsive to the program’s measurement and technical needs;
(7) Ensure regular monitoring of program implementation and program resources ( material and financial) and provide necessary inputs for program decision making;
(8) Ensure quality, integrity and efficiency of data collection and analysis;
(9) Ensure data validation and quality of information in reporting and external communication;
(10) Interpret field reports/ program performance data to track progress on program components;
(11) Coordinate periodical reporting of the program and ensure timely inputs and feedback to program team on various aspects of the program;
(12) Work in close coordination with the monitoring and learning personnel in other locations of Consortium partners to ensure alignment as required under the project.
(1) Identify the scope for learning from the program and take initiative to enhance learning opportunities within the program and in association with other research institutes and universities;
(2) Ensure regular learning from the program with the help of existing learning questions and in coordination with the Consortium partners;
(3) Participate in and contribute to external efforts on research and learning on themes of relevance to the program;
(4) Coordinate and provide necessary support to research and learning initiatives in the program, including action research and pilot initiatives;
(5) Facilitate a learning environment leading to evidence based advocacy and programming.
(1) Be the custodian of baseline, endline and all evaluation data related to the project;
(2) Ensure technically sound and high quality baseline, midline and end line, evaluations (including evaluation designs, instruments, analysis plan and report) are carried out in a timely manner;
(3) Coordinate and supervise the external agencies and consultants hired for any survey, translational research and evaluation.
(E) Program Implementation
(1) Support the Team Leader in overall management and development of the program;
(2) Provide timely inputs to technical experts on the performance and progress on various interventions;
(3) Ensure access to and use of information, including key programmatic and financial information for Team Leader’s decision making.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must have Master’s degree in Social Science/ Statistics/ Development Studies/ Social Work or any related field.
(1) Applicants must have minimum seven years of proven work experience in designing and implementing monitoring, learning and evaluation work, and conducting research culminating in quality publications;
(2) Experience in design and implementation of monitoring and learning systems in the field of livelihoods, agriculture, and gender issues;
(3) Experience of managing a large monitoring and learning work, and handling large data sets;
(4) Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative research.
(1) Experience of working in a large project and diverse team;
(2) Knowledge of local language Odiya will be a distinct advantage.
Skills & Abilities:
(1) Innovative and collaborative;
(2) Conceptual and analytical skills;
(3) Data analysis skill;
(4) Good writing and facilitation skills;
(4) Objective analysis of data with an eye for detail;
(5) Present complex data into simple understandable information;
(6) Learning agility, pro-activeness and openness to embrace new ideas;
(7) Ability to function effectively as a team member;
(8) Strategic, decisive and action oriented;
(9) Proven demonstration of behaviors associated with and technical ;
(10) Understanding of gender equity and diversity;
(12) Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
(13) Good computer skills and demonstrated comfort with social media usage;
(14) Ability and willingness to travel extensively;
(15) Experience in SPSS and or other quantitative and qualitative analytical package.
(1) High level of integrity and honesty;
(2) Communicates with impact;
(3) Compassionate, and respectful of all people;
(4) Adaptable and flexible.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation for the position shall be attractive. Offers to selected candidates shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
6. LOCATION: Bhubaneswar
7. REFERENCE: KMLE-CARE
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phones: 011-2684-2162; 011-4165-3612; 011-4101-1564 and 011-4101-1565
9. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested apply to email@example.com with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation at the earliest. For further details please visit www.sams.co.in.
Applicants are urged to apply immediately, as interviews with the promising candidates will start almost right away.