Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: Risk and Compliance Coordinator (RCC), SightLife, New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Headquartered at Seattle, WA-USA, SightLife is the only non-profit global health organization, focused solely on eliminating corneal blindness.
Working with surgeons in over 30 countries, SightLife and its Global Partners restore sight to more than 20 men, women, and children each day. This is accomplished through eye banks, which are centers for the recovery and placement of eye tissue used in cornea transplants.
SightLife’s mission is to eliminate corneal blindness globally, through partnerships with eye banks in developing countries, where 90% of the world’s 10 million persons, estimated to suffer from curable corneal blindness, live.
SightLife constituted a small team of senior management and distribution professionals in India in 2010 for this purpose and building on the organization’s global expertise, has successfully implemented a comprehensive program to support the development of eye banks and corneal surgeons, across India.
For more information, please visit, http://www.sightlife.org
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
SightLife wishes to recruit a Risk and Compliance Coordinator. The incumbent should have an extensive experience in process improvement and implementation, preferably, externally.
This is an exciting opportunity to come on board with an ambitious social initiative which has already begun to beneficially impact millions of Indians suffering from reversible blindness.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(A) Risk and Compliance:
(1) Establishing and implementing SightLife’s formal risk management framework;
(2) Conducting periodic risk assessment on qualitative, quantitative, or both basis;
(3) Identifying controls for the risks identified and associated tasks per team;
(4) Conducting control assessment of SightLife on half yearly basis;
(5) Managing list of tasks per team and track them to closure;
(6) Helping internal teams in formalizing task list and closure of each task;
(7) Preparing monthly updates on current and plan for next month.
(B) Quality Assurance for Eye Banks:
(1) Managing quality assurance program for Eye Bank Partners by establishing, implementing and monitoring processes such as time of consent for eye donation to releasing tissue for transplant – quality of the tissue shall not be compromised;
(2) Verifying and analyzing performance of routine quality controls and quality assurance for Eye Bank Partners such as laboratory maintenance and tissue release;
(3) Performing periodic on-site quality audits of eye bank partners;
(4) Establishing and maintaining routine reports to demonstrate quality performance of all key Eye Bank Partner activities;
(5) Evaluating all aspects of eye bank partner technical operations for quality controls and interacting with key eye bank leadership to implement improvements;
(6) Reviewing and update the SightLife Global Policy and Procedures Manual annually and as needed, ensuring adoption by eye bank partners;
(7) Monitoring Local and International standards changes and ensure prompt and complete updating of new standards to SightLife Global Programs Policy and Procedures;
(8) Performing other projects and duties as assigned.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Candidates should have minimum a Bachelor’s degree from a reputed institution/ university.
(1) Minimum 1-3 years of experience in risk and compliance management functions;
(2) Experience in broad based process improvement and process based audits, shall be preferred;
(3) Experience in Project Management;
(4) Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio.
Skills and Attributes:
(1) Excellent communication skills in English, Hindi. Knowledge of a third language is a plus;
(2) Excellent verbal, written, analytical, presentation, customer service and interpersonal skills;
(3) Ability to travel 30% of the time and internationally 10% of the time;
(4) Willing to work long hours, nights, and weekends when needed;
(5) Must have strong work ethic;
(6) A personal commitment to organ and tissue donation required.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The gross remuneration budgeted for the position is Rs. 3-5 lacs per annum. The offer made to selected candidate, shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: GRCQA-SL
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phones: 011-2684-2162; 011-4165-3612; 011-4101-1564 and 011-4101-1565
9. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation, by or before January 18, 2017.For further details, please visit www.sams.co.in