Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITIONS VACANT: Data Entry Operators (DEO); Multiple vacancies, based at different laboratories being strengthened by FIND India.
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
The Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND), is a leading not-for-profit organization based in Geneva, Switzerland, that enables the development and delivery of much-needed diagnostic tests for poverty-related diseases including, tuberculosis, malaria, sleeping sickness, hepatitis C, HIV, leishmaniasis, buruli ulcer and chagas disease.
FIND acts as a bridge between experts in technology development, policy and clinical care, reducing barriers to innovation and effective implementation of diagnostic solutions in low- and middle-income countries.
FIND has active collaborations with more than 100 partners, including research institutes, academia, health ministries and disease control programmes, commercial partners, the World Health Organization, bilateral and multilateral organizations and clinical trial sites.
Over the past 12 years, FIND has supported the development of 11 new diagnostic tests that address diseases of poverty. FIND has also established critical resources for the development of many other tests, including specimen banks, critical reagents, product profiles and policy briefs that provide better visibility on pressing diagnostic needs. FIND’s work in these areas reflects a willingness to address market entry barriers for diagnostics globally.
Represented in India through a Liaison Office at New Delhi, FIND has recently registered as a not-for-profit company under Section 8 of the Companies Act. The organization is presently engaged in the development of new diagnostic techniques for TB, HIV, Hepatitis C, Malaria and neglected tropical diseases, across the world and specifically for MDR-TB in India.
For more information about the organization, please visit http://www.finddx.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The DEO shall report administratively, on a day-to-day basis to the Director and Head of the concerned TB Lab and functionally be under the direct supervision of the TB Lab-in-Charge.
The primary responsibility of the DEO shall be to assist the Lab-in-Charge in data management, analysis, recording and reporting, including the maintenance of lab MIS.
(1) Acquiring expertise in protocols of various FIND projects, relating to data management;
(2) Ensuring completeness of all data fields in the Lab registers and electronic databases, including data on logistics;
(3) Ensuring the accuracy of data entered into the Lab Databases;
(4) Ensuring regular and timely entry of all relevant data pertaining to various aspects of FIND projects, into the computer in a systematic manner, to facilitate its analysis;
(5) Ensuring timely transmission of lab results to concerned service providers, state officials and the FIND Medical Officer, in consultation with the lab authorities;
(6) Analyzing data and compiling reports for the lab.
(7) Maintaining and up keeping of all computers and accessories in the Laboratory, including the installation and regular updation of antivirus, operating system software, etc.;
(8) Undertaking any other job assigned by state authorities and the FIND India Technical Team, as per project need.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
XII pass with a Diploma/ Certificate (minimum six months duration) in Computer Applications from a reputed institute.
Candidates having one year’s prior experience of data entry and data management shall be given preference.
(1) Typing speed of 40 w.p.m. in English and local language;
(2) Data entry speed minimum 8000 key depressions/hour;
(3) Proficient in IT and computer operations, including MS Office applications like Word, Excel, Outlook, etc;
(4) Working knowledge of statistical packages is desirable.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position on a cost to organization (CTO) basis is Rs.1.20 lacs per annum. Please note that gross compensation is fully taxable.
(Note: Candidates shall be working on the payroll of SAMS, a leading HR Agency for the health and development sectors in India).
6. NATURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The selected candidate shall be initially offered till October 31, 2017 consultancy contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
Vacancies for DEOs exist at multiple locations, details of which are available at www.sams.co.in
9. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.,
1/1B (Ground Floor), Choudhary Hetram House,
Bharat Nagar, New Friends Colony, New Delhi -110 025
Phone: 011+4165 3612; 26842162; 41011564, 41011565
10. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to courier or email their applications to the above address or email id. Applicants are urged to fill the ‘online’ application form provided at http://www.sams.co.in/forms/onlineapplicationfind.htm . Candidates who are unable to fill the ‘online’ form may alternately download the standard form available at http://sams.co.in/JAF-FIND-LabStaff.doc and mail it to the email id mentioned above, on completion